6.22.2012

Packing and Criss Angel!

I don't know about you guys, but I hate packing. I myself can't just toss stuff in a bag.  I have to go through everything and make sure I pick out specifically what I put in the bag.  I make sure I have good outfits and have multiple choices so I can pick out exactly what I want to wear.

So I'm going to the beach for 2 days.  And I have like, 4 bathing suits, and like, 5 shirts, 5 pairs of pants, and a bunch of other stuff.  I just go crazy with packing.

On another note I'm watching Criss Angel's Mindfreak on Netflix.  This guy, is nuts.  I have no idea how he does this shit. it's so weird!  Also I would love to go in one of those rooms with the giant fan that lets you levetate.  I think that would be so beyond awesome!  But getting back to Criss.  How does this guy do this shit?  I mean, yes the obvious answer is magic.  But do you really believe in the presence of magic? It's something that I truly do not understand.  And I think that that's what it is.

People often fear what they do not understand.  Whether it's magic, or death, or even math!  People constantly question what they don't understand, and because of this most people do not believe in magic.  There is exponential evidence that it exists.  He levetates.  And makes other people levetate.  How do you explain that but by magic?  How do you explain the ability to be lighter than air?  How do you explain being able to lift a complete stranger off the gound?

Sure you can say that the person was in on it.  That they met before it was taped and he had it all set up.  He knew what card was hers, he would pretend to be hypnotized and act how he did.  It's these kind of things that make it easier for people to dismiss the belief of magic.  To make them feel better that they're not believing in the impossible.

But why?  Why would you not want to believe in the impossible?  Going through your entire life not believing in something just because it can't be explained?  Why does everything have to be explained?  Some things you just have to believe in.

Criss Angel explains his ability to be able to do the things he does (for instance hanging by 4 flesh hooks in his back from a helicopter) on his father.  The doctor gave his father 3 weeks to live, and he made it 3 years.  As he says, when you put your mind to it, you can do anything.  When he gets his mind wrapped around something, he does it.  But unfortunately, his family often suffers from the heartache of having to watch him do these things to himself.  And in that way, I believe they have to be stronger than Criss.

I'm going to wrap up this blog because, I still have to finish packing!  But I want to finish with a quote from a bystander watching one of Criss' illusions: "He scares me!"

And that's the whole point isn't it?

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment